Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Off to Nashville!!!



I'm off to Nashville and here is my new bag I bought to carry all of my quilting goodies! I am soooooooooo excited!! I NEED this! Today is the first time I have felt like myself in a while. I had so much fun going shopping for a new bag, snacks, drinks (diet coke), and something to wear to match my bag. That's me alright: shopping to go shopping!

I made a list of things that I want to check out while I am there. I hope I don't offend anyone when I say this, but I don't go to quilt shows to look at quilts. I go to shop with the vendors! I know that sounds bad, but when my time is limited I would rather spend it shopping than looking at quilts. It would be different if I were driving my own car, but I am riding a chartered bus and we are coming back late tomorrow night. Like I said, my time is limited.

Back to my list. I want to find some fabric to make an apron that Barbara Brandeburg designed. I bought a large floral to make the basket quilt at Fig Tree Quilts. I need to find some coordinating fat quarters. Of course I have to buy a pumpkin at Tammy Tadd's booth, and while I am there I want to see what lucious fabrics Holly has designed. My friend Judy has her first quilting book out. It is called Nine Patch Extravaganza. I want to buy the book and have her sign it for me. There is also a cute pattern for a pumpkin wallhanging in the latest American Patchwork and Quilting that I would like to make. I need more Fall quilts.







I HAD to get Terry (best friend) a bag, too!! Her's is pink and mine is blue. I called her from K-Mart to tell her that I found these cute bags. We automatically started trying to figure out what we are going to wear. After I saw that the bags were $16 marked down to $8, I bought both of us a bag in each color. Now we're set for Paducah when we go the the American Quilter's Society Quilt Show in April!!! (She'll wear the blue bag, and I'll wear the pink!!) I love how we're not all grown up!

I will have pictures of my trip sometime this weekend. I need this vacation!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Hey, I'm so glad you're back! I had been thinking about you, wondering where you were. I'm unabashedly jealous of your Paducah trip. Have a fabulous time, then come and tell us all about it! Wishing you and your family all the best... Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you get a pumpkin? Did you see Judy? I can't wait to see what you bought to fill you bags!

    ReplyDelete

My busy little quilting friends said...




Bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin