Sunday, January 20, 2008
My stash busting report this week is happy to announce that I finished the binding on my daughter's Circle Quilt. This is a quilt that my friend, Nell, taught in our Guild.
In deciding on the quilt colors, Terry's 7 year old granddaughter wanted a red, black, and green quilt, and I wanted a quilt in those same colors for my daughter because those are the colors that I used in decorating her new home. Terry and I went through our stashes and came up with enough fabrics to share.
Although making circles looks like it would be hard, this quilt was so much fun to make. Curved seams were so easy that I didn't even use pins to make sure everything was perfect. Of course squaring up my blocks did wonders and hid any imperfections that I made. Thank God for squaring up! Most of the people who made this quilt in our workshop chose to mix up the circles. For example making partial circles or circles with all different fabrics.
Here you see Margaret made a monochromatic quilt, using lights, darks, and mediums from one color family. I chose to make my circles in one color(even though the fabrics aren't the same) since the fabrics were sort of busy, to say the least. Terry agreed, and she made her quilt the same way.
Terry quilted my quilt in her Gammill long arm quilting machine. If you enlarge the picture you will see that she put flowers in the cirlces, and did something cute in the borders.
This week I also worked on getting my newly painted sewing room organized. I put away my mountain of Christmas fabrics, organized projects, and tried not to become so overwhelmed at all the stuff that I have. That was hard to do! lol
Stash busting this week so far is using 1/2 yard of fabric. It's not much, but it's a start, and it got a project finished! If you would like to see what other people accomplished this week, go to Judy's blog!