Sunday, May 31, 2009

Spring to Finish


Jacquie at Tall Grass Prairie Studio challenged her blog readers to a Spring to Finish where we would challenge ourselves to finish at least one quilting project this Spring.

The deadline is midnight May 31. That's tonight in almost 3 hours central time. I had hoped to get my butterfly quilt borders on today, but I kept changing my mind on the border fabrics. I finally made a decision, but I knew I wouldn't finish by midnight. Instead, I decided to make a monogrammed pillow for the rocking chair on my front porch.

Before monogrammed pillow

After

That looks so much better!

Thanks to Jacquie for inspiring me to finish something. I love my little pillow! If you would like a little pillow, too, I'll be giving a tutorial on how you can make one for yourself later on this week.

Until then, I'll be adding ripping out the borders I added today only to change my mind, againborders to my butterfly quilt.

Amanda

7 comments:

  1. CUTE pillow!!! Love the color.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The pillow is so bright and cheerful, looks great on the rocker. It looks so inviting

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jacquie is amazing. Love the pillow and how it is set on the porch.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your pillow! I can't wait for the tutorial so that I can make one, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your pillow and can't wait to see the finished butterfly quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your applique pillow! Just what your rocker needed! A splash of Spring/Summer!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great rocker and great pillow. Feels good to get a finish!

    ReplyDelete

My busy little quilting friends said...




Bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin