As I said before, I needed 56 sets (2), 6 1/2" squares of the same fabric, but I didn't have matching sets in my 6 1/2" squares collection. So, I went through each larger tote, and I found dark fabrics that had pieces large enough for me to be able to have (2) 6 1/2" squares.
For a few days it looked like I had a fabric explosion! It was fun, though, looking through fabrics from past projects. It's amazing how fabrics bring back memories of fabric shopping with friends, fabric shopping at quilt shows, and even fabrics from people that are no longer with me, such as my mother.
This piece of fabric was from a dress my mother made me. I use a piece of it in every scrap quilt I make.
This piece was also in mom's fabric stash, and it, too, is in every scrap quilt.
I bought this piece of fabric in, you guessed it... the year 2000. Although it is passed the year 2000, I still think it works for any scrap quilt made in this century, or at least while I am around in this century!
As you can see, I used dark blues, dark reds, dark browns, dark and dark/medium greens, purples, blacks, dark pinks, and a few dark golds. What I didn't find dark in my scraps, I did have to search through fat quarters. And I used a couple of dark Civil War prints that I bought to specifically add to my stash just in case I needed some dark fabrics for a project.
I took the class on Thursday, and I am anxious to show you the blocks I made on Sunday on Scrap Basket Sunday.
Have a great day!