I missed last Sunday because it was Mother's Day. We celebrated all weekend, which made it really special. Every once in a while I would sneek in into my quilting studio to dig through my tubs of scraps to find enough dark fabric prints to be able to cut (2) 6 1/2" squares for a workshop I was taking. You can see my post about it here. What I thought would take a little bit of time here and there, ended up taking me more time that I expected. Cutting quilts from scraps takes a lot of time, but in the end it's worth it.
You can see my stack of 6 1/2" squares I was able to find in my fabric cutting frenzy here. You will see fabrics I use in every scrap quilt I make. Maybe it will give you an idea when you make scrap quilts.
Heidi had a Friday Night Sew-In that she does on the third Friday night of the month. My Friday night was spent appliqueing the seeds on the watermelons that I have been making during Scrap Basket Sundays. Saturday, I sewed rows together in between working in my flower beds.
It's looking pretty!
Well, maybe not!
This is what happens when you get excited about almost getting a project completed.
This are the blocks I completed in the workshop I took on Thursday.
I have never used a variety of little prints for backgrounds. There are shirtings, little flowers, stripes, and I love the polka dots!
I am looking forward to seeing what everyone has been working on in Scrap Basket Sunday.
Have a great day!