Wednesday, March 21, 2007

I'm learning, so please be patient

Okay...so here goes the rest of the story. I love going to Pat's blog. She has inspiring quotes, fun ideas, and pictures to see and it's just fun being able to talk to her.

She also has a Yahoo group. There are over a thousand people in our little group where we chat and share ideas. What I love most about it is that we don't talk about anything super serious like politics, news, or anything else like that. It's just about quilting fun, and I absolutely love it! It's my "get away" when life gets stressful, or if I need to ask someone a question about quilting. We post pictures of our quilt projects we have made...it's just fun. We have on-line retreats where we sew for a little while, check in to see what each other is doing, and go sew some more. I mean it may sound crazy to you, but don't knock it till you've tried it. We have snacks and everything.

The other part of the fun are the friends I have made. Cindy Dickinson in Tennessee and her husband found out about my Quilt Show I was chairing for my Quilt Guild, and they came to see me. How fun was that???? A LOT OF FUN!!!!! I was so excited. My daughter was with me. She called me a dork, but that's okay. She meant it lovingly. She was just shocked that someone I met off the Internet would come to see me at the quilt show. It made my day, and one memory I will never forget. Us Sloanies (Pat Sloan groupies) stick together!!!

My other friend I have made in the group is Mary Ann. Mary Ann is one of those girls that is so funny, she makes me laugh out loud. The kids know when I'm laughing outloud that I must had read something Mary Ann said. Mary Ann started a blog a week or so ago, and it has changed my life as far as the creative world goes, so much that it inspired me to create my own blog! How fun!!!

1 comment:

  1. Oh GOSH !! You'll make my head swell with your nice comments !! AND -- I'm so jealous ! Look at you figuring out how to do a "link" in a post !! I haven't figured that out yet - you're WAY ahead of me in this blogging thing !! Keep up the good work !!

    Mary Anne

    ReplyDelete

My busy little quilting friends said...




Bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin