Friday, April 27, 2007

Color Challenge



As you know, I am in Pat Sloan's Yahoo group. She has given us a "color challenge" where we are to find something from an magazine article or object where we see colors that we can use to make a quilt.

Pat has encouraged us to use colors that we wouldn't normally use. She has told us to look in magazines, books, and other places where we could look at the way graphic artists use color. They are, afterall, on the cutting edge of color.

I saw an advertisement in a magazine where they used turquoise, lime green, and orange in a lay out. I liked the color combination and decided that was what I was going to use for my color challenge. The other night Steve and I were at Starbucks and I saw a coffee mug with those colors, plus yellow. Cool!

It's funny how our subconcious minds are always thinking, even when we don't realize it. Yesterday, when I was at Hancocks of Paducah, I was drawn to the Chez Mois fabric collection from Moda. There was something that drew my eye. They were in this neat little package of 39 fat quarters so I bought one for me and another one because I thought it would make a beautiful quilt for another friend who is graduating from High School.

I am so glad I bought a fat quarter collection for me. When I took them out of the package it was mainly turquoise, lime green, orange, yellow, and brown. Wow!!! Am I ready for the challenge or what?

Now I have to decide what quilt to make with them. I could make a log cabin, but what suggestion do you have?

2 comments:

  1. I love chez moi. I can't wait till its in the shop. We are getting just a few of the pieces, I'm in love with the mocha background and the cool flowers. I can't wait to see what you do with it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the Chez Moi line, as well. It's really not me but there's something about it. LOL

    ReplyDelete

My busy little quilting friends said...




Bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin