Saturday, April 21, 2007

Getting Ready for Paducah!


I am leaving Wednesday to go with some friends to the American Quilter's Society Quilt Show and Contest in Paducah, KY. I love that place. Besides having the quilt show there every year, there are quilt shops, antique stores, adorable little places to eat, Hancocks of Paducah (not affiliated with Hancock Fabrics), and so much more. In the 11 years that I have lived here in KY, Paducah has grown and has become this quaint little town. Caryl Bryer Fallert lives there and has a studio. Eleanor Burns has a year round quilt shop down town.

The quilt show is wonderful. Bonnie Browning does such a wonderful job organizing this huge event. I love quilts, but I'll be honest with you: I love the vendors a little too much. My plans this year (I always have to have a plan or I get overwhelmed and freak out)is to pick up some of Heather's fabric and others that I have seen people blogging about, buy fabric for two graduation quilts that I am making for friends of my son's, and neighbor kids that are graduating, and being inspired by new patterns and fabrics. I can't wait!!!

I made this cute little bag to take to hold all of my stuff that I buy. The bag is made from a Daisy Kingdom fabric that I bought on my last trip to the quilt show. I thought the bag was a little plain. My 19 year old son has a good eye for things, so he suggested I applique some cherries on a pocket for the front. The cherries are from Barbara Brandeburg's and Teri Christopherson's book, Quilting With My Sister. I then sewed green rick-rack, another suggestion of his, around the edges of the pocket. Isn't it cute?

No comments:

Post a Comment

My busy little quilting friends said...




Bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin