Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Girls Night Out

It's been a long time since I have been to the movies.

For the past 7 months I have not been able to go to the movies with my youngest daughter. I have been busy helping my oldest daughter with her children, and it was just impossible for me to get away for an afternoon or an evening.

Now I don't have to help as much with the grand babies, which I am really enjoying. I love them, but I sort of feel like I am getting my life back.


Today Julia came home from school and said she wanted to do something different tonight. She wanted to go some where. It was dinner time, and I was looking forward to staying home after having a busy day. Then she suggested a movie, and I was all for it, even though it was a school night. She called her friend, Maggie, and off we went to see the movie, P.S. I Love You.

What a sweet, but sad movie. Maggie and Julia (being the heartbroken teenagers they are) were crying so hard during the movie they made me cry and I didn't have anything to really cry about! I guess if I thought about it long and hard I could start bawling, but that's a whole nother story!

Before going in to see the movie we saw a small sign that said it had brief nudity. I was a little reluctant, but how much nudity could there be in a PG 13 movie? All we saw was a man's rear end, and the girls shouted out "There's the brief nudity!" The movie audience laughed.

A trip to Starbucks topped the night off perfectly! Julia had a great idea. I had forgotten how much fun it was to go to the movies. I am beginning to know what it feels like to be able to go somewhere whenever I want without little kids tagging along. Shhh. Don't tell the grandkids, but I'm enjoying this!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Amanda !!!
    WOW !!! You're new header is GREAT !!! I'm so jealous -- I haven't figured it out yet OR how to separate pictures with some writing, then another picture, then some more writing -- I need a "Blogger for Dummies " class!!
    Anyhow, the Girl's Night Out with your younger daughter sounds so nice! (I'd like to see that movie, but I'm the only girl here at my house -- all guys ) -- so , for my Girl's Night Out, I have to wait until my sister and her 2 girls are available (girls are 13 and 11) -- they live about an hour and 20 minutes from me -- so it all has to be planned out -- nothing spontaneous .

    ...... and, glad to hear you had a nice Christmas and New Year! Enjoy your new little bit of freedom !!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't all we women cry if we really try? LOL!! I've got to see that movie I guess. We haven't been to the show in years.

    ReplyDelete

My busy little quilting friends said...




Bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin