Saturday, August 30, 2008

Summer Stash Challenge

At the beginning of the summer, June 10 (to be exact), Eileen and Ulla presented a challenge to their blog readers to use fabrics from their stash to make a quilt this summer. You can read about the challenge here. Our challenge was to be completed by either the first of August, or the end of August, whichever one we wanted.

Leave it to me to wait until the end of August to post about the fabrics I chose. It's better late than never, I suppose.

I haven't really done much sewing this summer since I was so busy with the Quilt Show, vacations, running kids here and there, and life in general. I did, however, decide what fabrics I wanted to use for my Summer Stash Challenge last week!

 
Posted by Picasa


Yes, my summer stash challenge uses Halloween fabrics. This is only a small collection of fabrics that I am going to use to make my 4th grand-child a Halloween themed quilt. The other three have one, and I haven't made his, yet, poor kid.


Here he is last year sitting by his pumpkin! He'll be so cute this year cuddling with his Halloween quilt!




Other bloggers are doing fun stuff this Labor Day weekend, too! Judyhas a Labor Day quilt along going on. It involves using your stash, and her sharing one of her great designs! Bonnie is also doing a Labor Day scrap quilt using your stash. Let me know if you see other fun stuff quilters are doing for the Labor Day weekend!!

Yikes!!! I just noticed that part of the Summer Stash Challenge is to have your completed top quilted, too! I better get busy!!!

Have a great weekend!!!

Amanda

2 comments:

  1. That little guy is soooo adorable!!! You're cracking me up are you really going to piece and quilt a top by tomorrow??? You will be my hero. And I'm not feeling so bad that I'm going to spend the day binding mine lolol!!! I can't wait to see it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have the agree...that is one cute little guy! So you work well under pressure, huh? I just know you are going to get at least the top to flimsy stage! Go girl! I working on a scrap quilt, and at night, hand quilting my granddaughters bed quilt. (I.E. I'm staying busy and hopefully out of trouble!)

    ReplyDelete

My busy little quilting friends said...




Bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin