Saturday, February 14, 2009

Happy Valentine's Day!

Happy Valentine's Day to my bloggy friends. I you all!

I love my little angel/cupid. It's a design from one of my favorite quilt designers, Nancy Halvorsen of Art to Heart. I like to decorate my home around whatever holiday or season it is, and Nancy always has cute ideas in her books and patterns. This one came from her book "Easy Does It for Winter".
I made the little angel on the first day of the ice storm before I lost electricity. I made it in the "quilt as you go" method that Kim demonstrated on her "quilt as you go" Santa.


Since I am trying to bust my stash, I thought Monica's adorable Pennie Pockets would be perfect to make for my grand children to fill with candy and give to their day care workers and my grand daughter's teachers.

I made a larger one for their other grand mother.



Tonight Steve and I are going out to dinner and to a movie. I usually do a Valentine's dinner for the kids and grand kids, but everyone is busy tonight so we're doing it tomorrow night. Besides that, it will be fun to go out with Steve.

Judy Laquidara is having a give-away today. If you post about what you got for Valentine's Day before midnight tonight, your name will be put in the drawing to win a software program for making your own little papers for half square triangles.
So, check back tomorrow to see what I got!

Have a fun day!

Amanda♥


6 comments:

  1. CUTE treat pockets! Enjoy your dinner and movie tonight. We went out today for some fresh air and a nice walk around a quaint nearby town...stopped and bought some treats....and had lunch out, too. it was fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's good to see you posting - I know people must still be recovering...but, I'm glad you are okay - and celebrating Valentine's Day...

    Best to you and yours...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Valentines Day to all of you. I think I may be too late to sign up for the give away but I will go check. I love your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your Valentine tree and the cute little pockets. I will have to find that pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Monica's pennie pockets ate ssssoooo cute. I wanted to make some for valentines but getting ready for a retreat limited my feb sewing. It is fun to live through and you'd though. Cuteness. I've never experenced an ice storm. Hope all is ok. Kentucky always seemed like a wonderful place to live.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What pretty Valentines Day creations! I really love the little pockets - what a great idea.

    Hope you had a happy Valentines!

    Cherri

    ReplyDelete

My busy little quilting friends said...




Bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin