Friday, May 22, 2009

Hi, It's me, again, Robin posting for Amanda. I know my photo hasn't changed much. This is my best pose considering this is how I sit day and night except when I fly around and stretch a bit.

Okay, so where was I? Oh, yeah....

Well, Amanda drools every time she visits Simply Libby and sees the vegetables she grows, not to mention her beautiful quilts. She even has a compost pile and worms! I love worms, too! How cool is that?

Okay, so one day, while discussing "garden facts" with the neighbors behind them, Steve and Amanda learned that there are certain vegetables that don't grow in their garden, but they do in the neighbors garden and vice versa.

It's has something to do with part of Amanda's garden is in the shade and some of it is in the sun and theirs is always in the sun. I don't know. All I know is that I love it here in the shady part of Amanda's garden.

After much talk and going back and forth about what grows where, they had this great idea to share vegetable gardens. They would take care of each others gardens planting, watering, weeding, weeding, and more weeding. It sounds like a lot of work to me, but they're excited.

Steve planted some seeds in pots, and just like the flower seeds he planted, those things sprouted up overnight!



Then he pulled out his tractor and tilled the neighbors garden. That was pretty cool to watch.

I just love sitting here in my nest looking at that beautiful sight. Now all Amanda needs is a barn and life would be even better, well after my babies hatch, that is.

I flew away from the nest again to get a little break. It looks like there are more Quilt Market updates. Holly Holderman, the designer of Lakehouse Fabrics, has a new line of fabrics coming out. Tea anyone? And check out her flower garden gate. I'm telling you, that's one creative girl! Camille of Thimbleblossoms is such a cutie! She designs quilts and fabric. She has tons of pictures from market.

I heard Amanda say that two of the grand kids will be spending a week with her. It's always fun to have happy little kids around and, come to think of it, some happy little birdies would be nice, too!

Until next time, have a great weekend!

2 comments:

  1. Mrs. Robin...I thank you for another charming update. I trust you might update us with some nice photos of the grandkids when they visit Amanda and Steve for the week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh this is the cutest post! I love it! I am going to catch up on some of your posts. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

My busy little quilting friends said...




Bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin