Saturday, June 27, 2009

A Special Friend is Coming to Town

Hi! It's been crazy, busy around here, but I wanted to stop in and say hello.
There's so much to tell you about, and so little time!

I've been helping these guys with our new two story garage.

Steve and William hard at work.

Let's just say a construction worker I am not! The other day they needed help moving the trusses to an area where the crane operator could easily lift them. I didn't realize trusses were so heavy! When I went to lift one end of the truss, I lost my grip and fell! The guys didn't realize I fell and they dragged me along with them! Talk about funny!!!

I am so happy for Steve that his dream of having a shop is coming true. He loves to sit under the oak tree and stare at it.
Isn't he cute?

I would be the same way if someone would build me a two story quilting studio. Hint. Hint.

I do have lots of things to blog about. It seems like there's something going on every day like the antique quilt auction I helped Terry with, a wedding reception for Terry's niece that I helped Terry decorate, a fat quarter basket that I made, and lots of mailbox love from bloggy friends.

The exciting thing happening today is that I am hosting an event for my Quilt Guild, and I get to see a very dear friend at the same time! Patricia Knoechel, Eleanor Burns' sister from Quilt in a Day, has been a friend of our Guild for the past 25 years. She is our special guest at our quilt shows and does quilting demonstrations from their latest publications. I always have the honor of being Patricia's helper.

Terry, Patricia, and me at our 2008 Quilt Show.

That photo is a little blurry (because I'm not the photographer). Here's a better photo of her with my friends, Deanna, and Nell, the President of our Guild.

Deanna, Patricia, and Nell

About a month ago Patricia called me and said she had nothing to do this weekend. She was going to be in the area and was wondering if I could find a place for her to do quilting demos for our Guild and community. I found a place and it's today!!!! Yay!!! I can't wait!!!

I'll shoot lots of photos, and yes there might possibly be a blurry photo of me and Patricia, but that's okay. I'm used to it.

Until then, have a great weekend!!

Amanda

4 comments:

  1. HI love your blog--I work at Quilt in a Day in San Marcos, CA--Patty is such a sweetie and has such a creative hand in quilting. I see her in the store when she is in town and isn't touring and doing classes across the country! It's a fun place to work, very inspiring! And "No" I don't spend my whole paycheck. I put my paycheck in the bank and pay for my fabrics with my Credit card!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok....we QIAD girls need to confess. NO we don't make any money, we spend whatever our paycheck says!!! So give Patty a BIG hug from me. She is such a sweetie!!! XX Annie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a really FUN day with your special quilty friend.....and pictures are necessary (even if they are a bit blurry)!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can so relate to crazy busy happy summer! Love, love the shot of Steve gazing at his dream (that would be my husband, oh yeah it would!). And the 2 story quilt studio dream of yours... that would be me too!

    We should just build our own village, eh! Happy summer my friend! xoxom

    ReplyDelete

My busy little quilting friends said...




Bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin