Saturday, January 16, 2010

Friday Night Sew-In



My Friday Night Sew In got started kinda late.  It was 11:30pm.  I didn't plan it that way.  It just happened.

Long story short, and it's a long one (I just deleted 7 paragraphs of my explanation), a puddle of water in the family room led to a huge investigation by two plumbers, Steve, and a probe with a little camera on the end (when did plumbers get so high tech?) only to find (after removing part of the wall in my bathroom) that there was a leak where two pipes connect.  Thank God they found it because it could have been bad.  Real bad.

We were tired and hungry after all of this investigating, so we went out to eat and went to Target. And that's the reason why I didn't start sewing until 11:30.

I started sewing on my little snowmen.  I kept falling asleep while I was machine blanket stitching my little snowmen, stars, and trees.  As I was dozing off it occured to me that this quilt looks a little bland (which could be the reason I was sewing myself to sleep).   Then I realized that I started making this quilt probably 9 years ago.  That was before I learned "Terry's (Bff) Theory of Color Relativity".  It's all about value,  and this quilt needs some value.  Besides that, it looks a little Christmasy, so I put it away.  Maybe I will finish it in July.

I didn't have anything else prepared to sew.  I looked over and saw a couple of charm packs (Love is in the Air by Deb Strain for Moda) that I had bought last year for Valentine's Day sewing, so I took them and made a disappearing 9 patch tablerunner.



This is as far as I got on any sewing this weekend, so far.

I put a little kit together for a fast Valentine quilt.



I have a lot of Valentine fabrics and wasn't sure what I was going to do with them.  I decided to search Flickr to see if anyone had made a Valentine quilt and uploaded it to their flickr account.  There are lots of Valentine quilts on Flickr. 

I had to laugh because the quilt I liked the best belonged to Jody at Pleasant-Home.  She made a Happy Hour (a Terry Atkinson design) out of her Valentine stash. 

I think I have enough for several Happy Hour quilts,  and then some.



Be sure to check out all the other people who linked up for the Friday Night Sew In over at Heidi's blog.   There was a lot of sewing going on in Blogland this weekend! 

Amanda

6 comments:

  1. There sure was and I am working my way around all the blogs to have a look at what was sewn...love the disappearing 9 patch runner....
    Cath Ü

    ReplyDelete
  2. I, too, love the D9P...sorry about the plumbing situation, but...as you said...it's good they found it now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my, you DO have a lot of Valentine fabrics... so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whew, glad you figured out the leak before it became really bad. Cute disappearing 9 patch. I love that fabric line. I bought a couple of layer cakes and the quilt I plan for them is on my to do list for 2010.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your Valentine's prints. So cheery. That quilted runner is going to be cute.

    ReplyDelete

My busy little quilting friends said...




Bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin