Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Happy New Year!


I got a sweet comment from someone saying that she misses my blog posts, so I thought I had better write something! (Thank you!)


I went to Louisiana over the Christmas holidays and got back a few days ago.  We celebrated Christmas with Laura and the grand babies this past Sunday since we couldn't be with them at Christmas (the Suburban isn't big enough for the entire family).  All of the pictures are still in my new camera, which, by the way, I learned to use after my dad showed me the "A" on my camera lens.  No more blurry pictures! 

So instead of seeing Christmas pictures, I am showing you pictures I took of my cat when he discovered that I rearranged my sewing room.  I have never seen him be so curious!   I don't usually have my cutting table pulled in front of my cabinet, but I moved it around so I could cut out a quilt  and watch TV at the same time.  I also moved my scrap bins from the white cabinet into my closet, and part (a really small part) of my fabric stash from my closet to out in the open where I can see everything.  At first, he did what he always does:  climbs on my little stool to look out the window.  Then when he turned around...you'll see. 








The weather channel predicted a snow storm was heading this way, so I've been cleaning and getting the house ready for a snow day or two.  All of the bills have been paid, the food has been bought, and my sewing room is clean and ready for me to sew up my own little storm.



 In the meantime, my house is filled with teenagers (my daughter's friends) all hoping that school is cancelled tomorrow.




 My house, evidently, is the "place to be" for snow storms, ice storms, and other weather related events that would cause kids to have to stay home for a few days.  Heaven forbid it would snow during the night and they would be snowbound in their own homes.  So they come over here, just in case, so they can be snowbound together.   It must be the chocolate chip cookies. 




Izzie  approves of the change and says he would like some chocolate chip cookies, too!

Amanda

15 comments:

  1. Glad you made it back safe and sound! Missed ya!

    Hugs!
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes...you have been absent for far too long...and I'm glad somebody's comment convinced you to come back to us!!! I loved watching Izzie explore all the new hiding places you created for him. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your craft room looks to inviting with your fabric organized like that (by color) on the open shelves. Good luck with the herd of teenagers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Two of my favorite things....Kitty and Fabric ! Cute photos.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Izzie is so cute doing the inspection!! I love having a house of teenagers, they grow up so quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad to see you back - and Izzie certainly had a great time checking things out...

    You bet - it's the chocolate chip cookies...and probably because you're cool!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Izzie looks just adorable and your sewing room looks so tidy! We missed out on the snow storm, but I too was ready ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amanda....I just love those pictures of your cat! Glad you are back....been missing entries on your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  9. oooppsss that anonymous person is me, Bridgette....I forgot to sign my name.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your pinks and greens... I need to get me some of those!!

    I'd be happy to come over for sewing and chocolate chip cookies!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Someone said my comments are coming up no reply. This is a test to see!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

My busy little quilting friends said...




Bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin