Sunday, June 1, 2008

Sunday Stash Busting Report

What's bright, polka dotted all over, and finally finished (the top, that is)?
 

Yes, I finally got it done!!! Woo Hoo!!! Now it's off to Terry's to get quilted. I can't wait to see what she does with it. Barbara of Quilt Soup is the designer. I first saw the quilt in the Spring 2007 issue of Quilts and More. It's called Spring Loaded in the magazine, but Barbara has named it as Corner Flower Shop. Personally I like that name better! The fabrics are designed by my bloggy friend Holly Holderman. I love her stuff!

It's been a while since I have done my Sunday Stash Busting Report. I have bought lots of fabrics after going to the AQS show in Paducah. I added 27 yards of fabric to my stash. I'm not sure how much Corner Flower Shop/Spring Loaded used, but it's a kit that's not in my sewing room any more. That feels great!

I did, however, use 6 yards of fabric that was in my stash for the back of the quilt.

 
Posted by Picasa


I saw this fabric on sale at Hancocks and didn't know what I would do with it, but I loved it, so it came home with me. Who knew that 3 years later I would have the perfect backing to such an adorable quilt! I have just enough left over to make a sleeve for it to hang in my guild's upcoming quilt show.

Have fun!

12 comments:

  1. Love the quilt and the fabric.....I often shop at Hancock's. You can often find neat fabric there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute quilt. I've seen that one and have that pattern. Guess I'll have to make it now. Great back fabric too. PERFECT.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Darling quilt! Polka dots rule!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Amanda, I LOVE the new quilt! So bright and cheery! Barb

    ReplyDelete
  5. I bet that will quilt up beautifully! And I love the backing! Cute cute quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your quilt, and that backing is perfect for it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amanda, It's gorgeous! So bright and graphic. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I was told by a national quilt teacher "use anything for the back, no once sees it." But oh how perfect for that quilt is that back.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the quilt and the fabric was perfect for it. I will have to look through my magazines and see if I have that issue and put it in the to make pile!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That quilt is just darling!!! And what a perfect match that backing fabric is - it was meant to be!
    Cheers!
    Evelyn

    ReplyDelete
  11. How totally cool to see your version of my quilt. Glad you liked it AND made it!! Good for you.

    Barbara Jones
    QuiltSoup

    ReplyDelete
  12. That quilt is so cute! I love the polkadots

    ReplyDelete

My busy little quilting friends said...




Bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin