Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Christmas Cottage Block Exchange

In my last post I said that I had more to share with you. That probably left you thinking that I had more pictures to share with you about Runaway Quilters. I didn't shoot that many photos this year because I was so busy sewing. However, I posted about the retreat last year here and here. You'll see more beautiful quilts, and more about the retreat.


You have probably noticed this cute little button on my sidebar and wondered what it was about.

Nanette made this really cute cottage block and was so sweet to offer it as a tutorial.

Everyone loved it, so she got this great idea of hosting a Christmas Cottage Block Exchange. Sign-ups are over, however there were so many people who signed up, she enlisted the help of her friend Teri. They divided the group into smaller groups of 12, meaning that we will make 12 blocks, keep one for ourselves, and mail the rest to Nanette or Teri for them to divide our cottages and mail them to the other members of our group. Teri was also the creator of the adorable button for everyone's sidebar. How cute!!

A lot of people have already made their blocks and are sending them to Nanette. Take a look at this virtual quilt Nanette has posted on her blog.

The fun continues as Melissa is hosting a Cottage Open House, and you're invited!

I love parties, so I'll be there for sure!

I haven't started building my little cottages, but I will as soon as I go through my Christmas fabric collection.

I better get busy!!!

Amanda

2 comments:

  1. What a great post! Thank you for being so sweet and kind. I really can't wait to see your blocks! I know they will be really special.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad I am not the only one that hasn't started my cottages:) I will and when I do watch out...you will see the smoke coming cause I will be smokin the cottages out...

    ReplyDelete

My busy little quilting friends said...




Bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin